Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Captain Kirk

On Christmas, some things were said regarding Captain Kirk and his chivalry or lack of it.

Let me make one thing clear. When I said he was too chivalrous, I was not saying he would not seduce a woman, or have sex with her. I was saying he would not harm a woman. I was saying he would not rape her or participate in a gang-bang. Those are the things that he would not do.

My ideals of what chivalry is, he fits perfectly. It is such:

-not harming unless in self-defense or defense of innocents
-acting with manners when appropriate
-acting with respect towards women
-appreciative of a woman's charms
-not lying
-not stealing
-acting fairly unless unfairness is initiated by an opponent

All of these things, Captain Kirk has done and continues to do as I watch (I am currently watching Journey to Babel, an episode in season 2. I have seen all previous episodes, as well as movies 1-4. I intend to continue watching the episodes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment