Thursday, December 22, 2011

Router Issues

I wake up today, turn my computer on, and wait for it to connect to the internet. Five minutes later, that dreaded yellow triangle. Oh shit. I call my isp, and find out that they're having issues because of a power outage last night. Even though we're not in the area listed, I know from experience that doesn't mean we're not affected, and we did have an outage last night. They're usually pretty quick about fixing those types of issues. I gave them an hour, then called back.

No more outage message. That means their end is fixed. I tell them what's going on- modem says connected, router says connected, computer says not connected. Various standard trouble-shooting procedures later, he suggests we try plugging the computer directly into the modem. Success. The problem with that is- only one computer at a time could get internet. As we're finding out that the router is the issue, which was not supplied by our isp, roomie has to leave. So, for now, I'm directly connected to the modem.

As I don't know how long he'll be gone (I doubt even he knows), I don't know when we'll be getting around to fixing the issue. I will do my best to be on time for MFC today (4pm-8pm), but I might be late, or might be on time but interrupted. I'm hoping neither. I'm hoping that it's a quick outing. But, if I am late, you know what's going on.

*hugs and kisses*

~Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment