Monday, December 19, 2011

Tools

I love tools. They make it so you don't have to rely on someone else to do something. Toolkits are my favorite, especially portable ones. If I were to carry everything I wanted with me, I'd need a backpack that could hold a hell of a lot.

I remember my dad always having everything he needed with his swiss army knife. I wanted one then, so I could be as independent and capable as he was. I still want one. Browsing the stores online, I find one simple problem: the only ones that have everything I actually want also have a bunch of useless stuff I don't feel I would need. So here it is, the list of what I'd like to see in my swiss army knife (or knives, if one wouldn't be practical for all of it :P ):

-screwdrivers. Big and small, flathead and phillips. (yes, all four)
-corkscrew
-scissors
-a couple blades of varying sizes
-bottle opener
-nail file that can act like improvised sandpaper
-toothpick for poking at things that need poking

-tweezers
-reamer
-wirestripper
-carabiner on each side (that way, I can hook it to something, and then have something else hooked to it...like hook it to my purse, then hook my keys to it)

of course, the carabiner on each side I could supply if there were a keyring on each side.

So there you have it, my ideal swiss army knife. Would probably cost hundreds. x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment