Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Suck at Skyrim

So, I attempted to play Skyrim. Aside from awkward controls that require you to have three hands, and lack of a tutorial to really help you out, there's one big reason I suck at Skyrim. It's first-person heavy. It's practically impossible to play the game without using first-person p.o.v. and I suck at first person p.o.v. With third person, I can keep some distance from my character, but with first person, I tend to get pulled in a lot quicker. And let me tell you, when I get pulled in I get tense and can't do shit.

The three hands thing- in order to move the character you need two hands- one for the forward, backwards, and strafe, with the other controlling camera view to make you go the way you want to. Already makes it awkward for me to move around. THEN you need to know exactly where the tab key is to pause it quickly, which I don't, and you need E and R to interact with the world. Half the menus want you to use the mouse, half of them want you to use AD to move around and ER to interact.

If I can get the hang of hitting tab at a moment's notice, I'll be able to play this game, but that will take time. So for now, I need to put the game on the shelf and realize that I'll probably never find the time to play it. Unless someone out there wants to pay me $100 an hour for my camming, in which case I'd be able to cam a whole 10 hours a week with no trouble, and have time to do all the housework, plus the time to play.

Today's society does not realize the importance of free time. Honestly.

1 comment:

  1. The UI was designed to be console friendly. I have it on PS3 and I'm finding it a lot less difficult to adapt. I also prefer third person, but I zoom in when something needs to be looked at closely (like stealing off a shelf, for example)

    - RatedPG

    ReplyDelete