Friday, August 19, 2011

VisualBoy Advance

VisualBoy Advance is the GameBoy Advance emulator that is widely regarded as the best around. Way back when I first downloaded it, it was awesome. Pressing the speed button would speed it up to 200-300% speed, at which point it was difficult but not impossible to walk around. It was also possible to adjust the speed button up or down, if you wanted it faster or slower.

Now, it decides to use as many resources as my computer has available and make the game go as fast as possible. And there is no way to make it go slower, without forcing the game to take up so much resources that it can't speed up that fast. Which is counterproductive to why I want it slower in the first place- I need my resources to focus on the camming on streamate when I'm playing it.

Yeah, that's right, when you see me on streamate looking at the screen occasionally pressing a button... I was playing pokemon on speed, because damnit, I like being able to get to 5 levels in a quarter of the time it usually takes. Besides, on streamate, the more I talk, the less money I make. That's right- being friendly is counterproductive. Fucked, isn't it? So I need a way to amuse myself and make it look like I'm having a great time without doing something that makes people uncomfortable to interrupt.

So, to those who developed Visual Boy Advance, would you please do one more release that allows us to determine how fast the speed button goes? That's ALL I want you to change. Cause I just want 300%.

No comments:

Post a Comment