Monday, April 2, 2012

New Stuff!

W00T! New Stuff!

My computer has (a) "new" (so used cause some of this he got new and gave me his old):
-motherboard
-cpu
-ram
-case

Also, some stuff from Amazon arrived! Hurrah!

-mp3 player

I've been using my ipod. it's awesome, except since I don't like restarting playlists, I can only use it for one playlist at a time. While I'm fine with my work playlist only having 8gb of songs on it, I want other music when I'm doing housework or working out. So, this new mp3 player is a good thing, no matter what it is. Ideally, I'd have something that could hold all 17+ gb of music at once, and have five million playlists for me to choose from. But this is not the ideal world, so I will make do with what I have.

Instead of spending $99+ on an mp3 player of my choice, I bought a little mp3 player that takes micro sd cards, and some micro sd cards. Each sd card will have to be it's own playlist, so eventually certain songs will exist in a lot of digital copies (one on my computer, one on the external hd as a backup, and one for each playlist it's a part of on my mp3 player). Also, it can only have up to 8 gb on each card (since this only supports up to that in one card), so I will not be able to use it for my whole music collection at once. However, it will do. For now, it will do.

-bike handlebar grips

For my bicycle, cause I switched from twisty shifters to clicky shifters (I think they're called thumb shifters?).

-external Klingston sd card reader

So I can read the micro sd cards on my own, and so I can read my normal sd cards on my own.

-internal card reader (for him, though I'll get one for me eventually... that's prolly gonna wait till I buy my new computer)

Can read a shitton of types of external storage. Only takes up about as much space as a cd drive.

Stuff still on the way!

2 8gb Micro SD cards (for the mp3 player, though for now, I'm keeping one for me, and trading one to him for a lesser one, since I know I'll want one big playlist and one smaller playlist)

1 sata cable (that's for him, dunno what he wants it for)

Stuff in my wishlist

Organizing shit (I need to get everything organized, and I can't use just anything. Being allergic to dust-mites means anything that lets a lot of dust in is a no-go. This Severely limits what I can use.) This includes lots of plastic bins (mostly smaller ones to keep them organized, though a couple bigger ones for certain things), and a couple plastic hanging-file bins (one for all my clean white paper, two for the legal files, and not sure how many for all the other random papers, but at least one). Also, finished wooden shelves are a must for all this! Shelves make it so I don't have to get something at the bottom of a pile!

New computers
More external storage
New wardrobe (cause all my clothes are old)
Better apartment (gas heat is expensive, and no central air is also... 5 fans and a window AC unit cost a hella lot more on electricity than central air ever did!)
New Toys along the lines of old ones that had to be retired for whatever reason


While I can be perfectly happy without all the stuff on this list... I've got dreams man! dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment