Monday, April 23, 2012

A Tumble In the Wind

I'm beginning to think the universe has it out for my right leg.

Last night, after a few private sessions, my right thigh randomly developed something that felt an awful lot like rug burn. Except, it wasn't rubbing against the sheets in the right way for long enough for that to be what happened. This afternoon, we walked to the bank. It was very windy. We saw an optometrist, so we decided to stop and see how much it will cost me for new glasses later this year. Going up the concrete steps outside, I was on the left, the wind decided to give me a shove at the right moment for my right foot to step on the left curb. When I tried to catch myself by putting my left foot back down, my left foot also missed the curb. My left ankle is a little sore but fine. My right knee has a tiny scab surrounded by a slight bruise. Walking on it feels... wrong. Like if I do anything to put pressure on this knee I'm going to end up with a broken knee-cap. That would not be good.

By the way, they've decided to come up with all sorts of cool things for people with thick glasses to make it not look like they have thick glasses. Cool things like cutting the edge of the lenses off, instead of cutting it back from the face the way mine are. I explained that I wouldn't want that because my eyes need the protection of the lense in front of them and would feel very naked and exposed without that. She replied that it might be good for a change. *eye roll* And like painting the edge of the lenses so it looks like part of the frame. Which isn't so new... I've seen that one before, but considering her reaction to my "I need the lenses to be there", I decided to keep my mouth shut about how that would insert a line of color into my peripheral vision which would annoy the hell out of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I occasionally look in on your blog. I'm surprised that you are still in the cam business after all this time. There's a reason why sex workers (even cam workers) become cynical, embittered, and emotionally hard over time. You're always dealing with the lowest of the low in society - people who are gross, coarse, stupid, etc. And not only dealing with them but pandering to them.

    You're an intelligent, imaginative, creative, and sensitive person. It would be better to find some line of work where you are dealing with people more like yourself. A higher quality of people. Spend your time working with elves not orcs.

    Reading between the lines, it seems like you are not making a good living anyway, so my advice is to keep looking for something better. Learn a skill that's in demand like web design or SEO optimization or something. It will be better than continuing like this year after year in such soul-crushing work.

    ReplyDelete