Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Good Stuff

I don't like giving out details about the stuff that's going right. So this is going to be a very quick post.

What's going right in my life? Well:

-relationship. Yes, we fight sometimes, and sometimes about stupid shit. But that's normal. Mostly, it's been good lately (except for problems with doggie style... but that's a bit of both of us). We seem to be at a consensus about our short-term goals, at least. Long-term goals are so nebulous that I'm at a "we'll see when we get there". There's still a very big chance that at some point, he will want to move and I won't. And we realize that there might be a point at which we separate. So no, no plans for marriage.

-friendship. I'm still in touch with my best friend from college. In fact, there's a plan to see her as soon as I can spare the $300 such a trip would cost (actually, probably only 1-2 hundred, but I like having extra just in case).

-finances. I had a lot of trouble at the beginning of the year. Then we rearranged who's doing what, and have it so all I really have to do is focus on earning my goal each day. And not worry about where I am for the week, or the month. Just make my goal each day. We also took into account the fact that there's always 4 days I can't work, and that in February that means I can only work 24 days, so every other month I get 2 or 3 days off (hooray!) aside from red week. Not counting when I've earned an extra day's worth. For the past three months, I've earned enough for us to get the bills, and get started on fixing our cars so they don't completely break on us, as well as eat out (cheap places, like Taco Bell and Subway), once a week. Now to get my goal back up to the point where it was when I first started camming.

-living. Our apartment sucks. But, we've got a setup right now that maximizes our use f it while minimizing the cost of heating in winter and cooling in summer. So we're doing the best we can with what we've got.

-chores. We've split the chores, so that he can look for a job and deal with his family. It also lets me feel not quite so useless on days when I don't or can't work.

-crafts. I have a sewing machine (that we got a long time ago), and have been working on an apron for awhile. I have a bunch of chainmail rings and the pliers to get started at that. And I have everything needed to make a homemade leather collar and cuff set (cheapest was, fyi, is to get belts from thrift stores. It takes awhile to get all of them, but it's possible. :) ). I would still like to get a new pencil sharpener for my colored pencils. Preferably a wall mount one that I can mount to my bookshelf or something. But that's minor. OH! I'm also on my way to making a Mario wall-hanging. Cross stitching FTW! (currently working on the pattern for it. Stage 1- gather and pattern the sprites. Stage 2- gather and pattern the world. Stage 3- copy-paste sprite patterns onto the world. Stage 4- print the pattern. Stage 5- obtain materials. Stage 6 cross stitch. I have all the thread, just need the cloth for it.)

-health. Actually, this is the one area that REALLY needs improvement. I'm gaining weight. I'm trying to work out and focus on cardio. Eating healthy too. But... it makes me get sick. And getting sick, of course, eats into my finances, which are finally going good. I think the real effort is going to have to wait until he finds a job. God I hope that's soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment