Friday, June 29, 2012

FOUND IT!

When I was in highschool, I came across a CD that I immediately bought for two of it's tracks- Cat's in the Cradle and American Pie. I listened to that CD once through and found that I loved almost all the songs on it.

In college, the cd was stolen out of my car. I had the songs saved on my computer though, so I was able to keep them. Years passed, and this past year I started trying to find out the playlist so I could burn myself a new copy of the disk. All I could remember of the title was Singers and Songwriters. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact CD I had. I found the songs were scattered throughout the various CD's this collection had to offer, but no CD with the exact playlist. What I could remember of the playlist was that the two I had bought it for were songs number 17 and 18, and that the first few were Daniel, You're so Vain, and Wild World. The other songs that I remembered being in the CD I couldn't remember what numbers they were, and iTunes had fucked up the ordering and the CD names of a lot of the songs with the many backing-up and reinstatings of my library that had occurred.

Well, today I finally found it. The CD I was looking for was The Very Best of Singers and Songwriters. The playlist follows:


Daniel
You're So Vain
Wild World
It's Too Late
Sundown
City of New Orleans
Blue Bayou
Guitar Man
Sunshine on my Shoulders
Wildfire
Danny's Song
At Seventeen
Time in a Bottle
You're Only Lonely
Longer
Both Sides Now
Cat's in the Cradle
American Pie

Out of those songs, the only three I never really cared for were Sundown, Sunshine on my Shoulders, and You're Only Lonely. But if I still have them, well, you can bet that I'm going to be putting them in this reincarnation of the CD. If I don't, I have a few songs I can safely substitute without ruining the flow.

HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment