Saturday, December 5, 2015

Voting

I have a friend in Kansas. I don't remember the candidates for governor, but one was favored and everyone was "going to vote" for that one. The issue was, come election day, since everyone thought everyone else was voting for him, no one bothered to actually vote, except those who were voting for the other guy. So the wrong guy won the election.

Thus, don't rely on everyone else to vote for you. Vote for yourself.

I am registered as an independent. This means I can only vote in Open Primary elections, not Closed Primary or Caucus elections. I favor Bernie Sanders for this election. He's an independent running in the Democratic Party. Certain states will have an open primary.

The state I currently live in intends on having an open primary the month after I'm supposed to move to a different state. The state where I will move to has a closed election the month BEFORE I'm supposed to move there.

I'm debating waiting to register in my new state just so I can vote in the old state.

No comments:

Post a Comment