Monday, July 16, 2012

Misconceptions revealed

The way a person is plays a big part in what a person likes. Using restraints as a guide, my partner determines how a person is by what they like: silk, chain, rope, leather, or vinyl. Since he is chain, he mostly gets along with people who are chain or rope, rope being the most like chain. Since I don't like to dwell on what I can't afford, I kept going for rope in the stores, and when he asked, he only mentioned rope and chain, so I naturally said rope. The problem with this, is that I'm leather.

If you treat leather like rope, you're going to run into problems. Rope you can use and discard, leather you have to care for after you use it. Rope you can put a lot of strain on before it stretches or breaks, leather can't take as much strain. In short, rope doesn't take as much time, effort, and money to care for as leather does.

So maybe this is the root of the problems. I've been trying to tell him I need to be treated like leather, and he's been thinking about it in terms of rope. This just came out today, btw, so we'll see where things lead after this development.

1 comment: