Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mostly about the phone

Have you ever felt like your consciousness had been ripped away from somewhere and flung back into your body? That's what it feels like when someone decides to call or message my phone at 8:30am. To give you an idea of where I am at 8:30am, I work until 2am, stay up until 3 or 4am to ensure my brain registers the fact that I'm not at work anymore, and then sleep for 8-10 hours (depending on where in my hormone cycle I am). So 7:30-9::30 is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO ME.

It's like calling a 9-5er at 2:30am.

The worst bit is- it's almost always a wrong number.

Well, this morning it was like a party in my bedroom. 1 missed phone call and 5 missed picture messages, all from phone numbers I've never seen before. The voice mail I got was something along the lines of a bunch of clicks and static followed by the hang-up noise. The picture messages I didn't even open- roommate warned me that they were bad urls. So, I blocked the two phone numbers. My phone is too cheap-ass to have different sound profiles so I can sleep through missed messages without sleeping through my alarm, but it's not so cheap that I can't manually input a phone number to block. The five picture messages, by the way, were from 2 different phone numbers.

WARNING, THE NEXT BIT MIGHT HAVE TMI. If you don't want to read it, it's bracketed by ---

---

So I go back to sleep and am woken up at 11:30am (my alarm is set for 12, so that wasn't it), by incredible pain in my pussy area. It felt like the lining of my pussy was trying to rip it's way out of my body. That's the usual signal for "get a pad down there quick!" (and why I don't use tampons), so I get my ass to the bathroom. Nothing. Of course, it takes an hour or two to actually start... but I also did a pussy-stuffing private last night. So now I'm stuck here waiting to see if this is a case of bleeding pussy, or dry pussy. If this is what panty stuffing is going to do to me now that I'm not on the Nuva Ring (having the birth control be an insert made my pussy moisturize itself a lot more) I'm going to have to start charging a fee before I take any such privates. They aren't going to like that...

---

Ever feel like technology is against you? I'm trying, trying, trying to get into a good schedule that I can actually work, but my computer thinks it's fun to blue screen a couple times during the best hours to cam (friday night through sunday night, if I disappear randomly from the camera, it's a blue screen. If it's not 2am yet, wait a bit, I'll be back.)

And now my phone is getting these messages, and has even been doing this thing where it'll make noise for no damn reason during the "night" (read- morning while I sleep). I'll wake up to the phone call sound, let it die, and hear the voice mail sound, but there's no voicemail when I wake up for real. I know, it's not really technology against me, but these are a big part of why I posted on twitter last night that sometimes, it feels like the universe is a troll, messing with people just for the lolz.

Universe, all I ask is the ability to stay on top of my bills for awhile longer. Just till he finds a job. I don't care where he finds a job anymore, I'll move to fucking Alaska with him if there's a guaranteed job there!

On that note, anyone know of a good job for a recently graduated network administrator with no in-field at-work experience but lots of volunteer experience for friends and family? DM my twitter, or shoot me an email if you know my address.

No comments:

Post a Comment