Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recipe

Okay, so, I love this recipe. I love it so much, I gotta share it.

Before I do, the original is in the book "Fix-it and ENJOY-IT! cookbook" by Phyllis Pellman Good, on page 103, called Polynesian Chicken. Claims to make 6 servings.

Here's what you need:

6 chicken breast halves
1 onion, sliced (recipe calls for rings, I do thin half-rings)
1 can of sliced peaches (normal size can, 16 oz or so)- drained
1 can of dark sweet cherries (again, 16 oz or so)- drained
1 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
1 cup barbecue sauce (original)

1 glass bake pan (first time, I used a small square one, and it overflowed a bit, but was fine. Second time, I did it their way in a large rectangular one, and it was fine, but the chicken was really dry. But I always find chicken dry when cooked right. Third time, I did it my way in the large rectangular one and DAMN THAT'S GOOD)

Now, the way I make it is a bit different than the way the recipe says. It says to layer everything in the bottom of the pan in order, then pop it covered in the oven for 30 minutes followed by uncovered for 45 minutes, all at 350 deg.

The way I do it, bake time is the same. BUT, I cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes, then layer everything but the sauces. I mix the sauces outside the pan. I've done it to the recipe after having done it my way once, and I have to say, I like my way better.

Why share this here? Because I made it two days ago, and I"m having it for leftovers today, and damn, it's good. I love this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment