Thursday, October 31, 2013

Moving Updates

I has internetz!

There are boxes everywhere, and furniture in the wrong room, and shit's all mixed up. Yay moving? But but BUT... my camroom is mostly setup. I still need to do the curtains, especially as my camera will be facing the window O.O. And there's a lot of organizing and changing what's in drawers and what's in bins to do. The bed is a new bed (mattress and box spring, no frame yet), so I can safely stand on it. There's a bunch of stuff in the room that doesn't need to be in there, so it's really crowded and I won't be able to dance, but I can stand and pose on the floor.

I will try to have it all ready by tonight, but I might not be able to work until tomorrow. Right now, I'm working on getting the kitchen unpacked and set up so I can eat something other than microwaved leftovers and microwave food. If I have to, I can wait until the sun is down to get on camera without the curtains.

There will be no virtual tours of the room until it's ready. Since that includes hiding some wiring and a couple pipes, it might be a few months. Yes, I know, that doesn't sound nice. It doesn't look nice, but as long as I don't put anything over there that I need on camera and am careful when using stuff by it the rest of the time (mostly right now there's stuff around it that's never used), I'll be fine.

The bathroom... well, they never got around to installing the new vanity. So it's sitting in the only real floor space of the bathroom, in front of the toilet and the old vanity (which does still work). So no shower shows until we can get that taken care of. If we're here that long. And the washer and dryer, we don't have yet.

So yeah, pretty much every reason this place was going to be a better place than the apartment we moved out of is currently moot, but we'll get there. We'll get there. At the very least, we have a yard to take care of, so we can get used to that aspect and used to having a shed outside to keep stuff that just needs to be kept out of wind and rain.

It's an adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment