Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vultures

I feel like humanity has grown into a culture of vultures. Take camgirls. The moment a girl who was previously in a relationship announces a breakup, she'll have at least 10 people who want to meet up. Come on guys, do you really think she's going to want to meet someone who pounces on her the moment she's free?

Or take closeout sales. People pounce on the chance to save a few bucks, then gripe that the store isn't around anymore. If they had just been willing to pay the original prices, those stores wouldn't have had to go out of business.

Instead of everyone helping each other, we stand back, let them fall, and then try to scavenge what we can from whatever remains. Frankly, it disgusts me.

And then there are the people who like to make others miserable. WTF is up with that? I understand the people who enjoy teasing others to the point of minor annoyance... without minor annoyance we can't really appreciate the quiet. But teasing to the point of depression? Trolling to the point of breakdown? That's uncalled for, and completely cruel. It's like pulling the legs off a spider to watch it squirm and die. People, that is what we call sociopathic behavior.

Whatever happened to "Do unto others as you would have done to you" ? Whatever happened to social responsibility? Whatever happened to "If you make a mess, clean it up" ? Why did it have to become the clerk's/cashier's job to clean up after the customers as though they were kindergarteners? Why can't people respect other people's stuff? Why can't people respect community belongings?

Why, oh why, do people torment each other? Why is it, instead of "I didn't like it when ___ was done to me, so I'm not going to do it to anyone else," it has become "I didn't like it when ___ was done to me, but I can't do it to the person who did it to me, so I'm going to do it to someone random who has nothing to do with the situation". It makes no fucking sense, and spreads the misery, and it's turning this world into a living hell.

I can't stand watching it happen. I can't stand watching the spider die. And I hate the fact that I can't do anything about it. I really fucking hate watching people treat each other like shit. That person is another human, just like you. Every living being experiences pain. And every human experiences sorrow. Why can't we stop destroying each other?

It's time for a god-damn revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment