Monday, August 31, 2015

Video Games

TERA

So, I've been playing this game called TERA. It's currently free-to-play on Steam. If you find a copy to buy, you get 8 character slots per server. On the free-to-play version, it's 2. But, you can purchase more character slots.

At the moment, I have a level 39 warrior (human) and a level 13 Mystic (uh... looks like a lizard?)

Leveling is super fast if you're doing all the quests. Gameplay is sort of realistic. As in, you have to make sure it's pointed in the right direction, and you have to click for every use of the skills, or click and hold for the skill. There's no lock-on target, and there's no auto-attack. Also, armor isn't much help against the bigger enemies (not just talking bosses here, some of the mobs are fairly difficult to kill), so you have to learn how to block or dodge.

For my warrior, the dodge skill requires "resolve", which is it's own bar that's not used for anything else. It's also recovers fairly quick, which is good, but I do run into the occasional issue where I have to run instead of dodge. Unsure if that's because I'm bad at the game, or if that's just how the game is (I don't seem to be doing too badly, I rarely actually die, and from reading the forum there's a steep learning curve.)

-----

Guild Wars 2

I got back on Guild Wars 2 for the first time in... 6 months? Probably more... and the skills have changed all up. I restarted one character to get the hang of the new skills. But I'm debating restarting all of them because this is just really weird.

------

Pokemon (Blue)

Working my way through the first cave that you need flash for. I can't seem to catch onyx. The first one went through 3 pokeballs before I ran out of balls and had to k/o it. The next two, I accidentally k/o'd before I could try anything. The fourth one, was breaking out of the balls after one nudge, so I knew I wasn't anywhere close to catching it, despite it being as low as I could safely take it, and having it's attack and defense all the way down. It was only lvl 13, but it wouldn't get caught! I'm going back when I have great balls instead of just normal poke balls. But first I gotta find the exit. :P (I'm doing this without a map)

------

//.hack

I restarted it, since it's been over a year since I last played. So, I got the bracelet. And talked to the cat afterwards. But that's as far as I've gotten. x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment